Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
The Research, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Department exists as part of the National Blood Service’s efforts to improve blood services through evidence-based decision making and interventions. With oversight of research, development, planning and data management, the department’s mandate is to excel in creating new knowledge and its translation into improved blood safety and more effective processes, products and blood services in Ghana.
The department responds to the evolving need for blood transfusion research within the National Blood Service by:
- Implementing a National Research Strategy and Research Agenda of the NBS
- Planning and conducting research, including research that provides evidence for blood donor recruitment and retention interventions. Read more about our research
- Facilitating investigator-initiated research on targeted priority areas
- Translating knowledge (application of the results of research studies and their transformation into new policies, practices, procedures, products and services)
- Developing research capacity in under-developed areas
- Fostering appropriate research collaborations with relevant research and academic institutions and other stakeholders to carry out active research programmes that will help improve blood transfusion activities in the country.
- Facilitating the development of strategic plans and supporting the decision-making process of management through analysis of data
- Evaluating data and scientific reports and preparing or providing support in the preparation of reports.
- Are you interested in conducting research within the National Blood Service? Read more about our research registration and approval process.
Department email address: email@example.com